I am passionate about working with people who are healing from trauma, PTSD, and sexual abuse.
I also help clients navigate codependency, perfectionism, people-pleasing, anxiety, infidelity, low self-worth, narcissistic abuse, dissociative disorders including dissociative identity disorder (DID), and unhealthy relationship dynamics. Furthermore, I help highly sensitive and empathic people who are struggling with overstimulation, burnout, and compassion fatigue.
I am an LGBTQIA+ affirming therapist and enjoy working with this population.
I offer in-person and teletherapy sessions for adults of all ages and in various stages of life.
- I am passionate about working with people who are healing from emotional, physical, sexual, religious, or intergenerational trauma, as well as people healing from posttraumatic stress disorder.
- I help people regulate their nervous systems and work through various symptoms that can keep stress levels activated in the brain and body. This includes helping my clients work through chronic feelings of anxiety, controlling throughs and behaviors, panic attacks, anger outbursts, chronic pain, emotional flooding, and perfectionism.
- Furthermore, I help people work through various symptoms that can keep the body and brain shut down and in a state of disconnection. This includes helping my clients work through depression, dissociation, chronic feelings of helplessness and hopelessness, people-pleasing, irritability, grief, and engaging in numbing behaviors that can lead to eating disorders and addictions.
- Therapy can help increase your problem-solving abilities, strengthen your coping skills, lower levels of general distress, enhance your self-awareness, and learn how to self-regulate when challenging thoughts and emotions arise. Therapy can also help clarify your understanding of yourself, your values, and your goals. Whether you are hoping to improve your relationships with others or your relationship with yourself, you are worthy of having your experiences validated and understood. I take a collaborative and client-centered approach to therapy and will create an individualized treatment plan just for you.
- A 50-minute individual therapy session is $110.
I offer in-person and teletherapy sessions for teens ages 13-17.
- Teenagers often have a lot going on in their lives, and the stress and pressure can sometimes become overwhelming. I help teens navigate anxiety, depression, trauma, self-harming behaviors, suicidal thoughts, drug and alcohol abuse, identity concerns, gender and sexuality, school issues, parental separation or divorce, and problems related to getting along with family and friends. These struggles are normal, and it can be helpful for your teen to know they’re not alone and things can get better.
- When working with teenagers, therapy is most effective and helpful when the teen is open to therapy and willing to engage in the therapy process. Therapy for your teen can help them improve their problem-solving ability, strengthen their coping skills, and learn how to self-regulate when challenging thoughts and emotions arise. Another benefit of therapy is your teen can begin to clarify and better understand their life goals, values, and who they are. Therapy can help your teenager improve their relationships with family and peers, as well as improve their relationship with themself.
- A word on confidentiality: Creating a safe space and a strong therapeutic relationship with your teen is incredibly important to me. If your teenager does not trust me or feel comfortable sharing with me, the work I can do with them is often limited. While I understand that parents often want to be informed about their teenager’s treatment, I will not share with you the details of what your teen has said in sessions with me. I want your teenager to feel comfortable and safe opening up to me so I can help them process and navigate whatever they are going through. Upon request, I can give parents a brief overview of what treatment modalities I am using and if I believe progress is being made in therapy. I also will immediately share with parents if a safety concern arises related to their teen being a danger to themself, a danger to someone else, or if I learn that someone is hurting them (I am a mandated reporter).
- For parents who are separated/divorced, I do require the most recent copy of the custody agreement to be provided before the start of treatment.
- A 50-minute individual therapy session is $110.
- I offer in-person and teletherapy sessions for couples.
- I work with couples who are dating, engaged, married, or hoping to reconcile after a divorce/separation.
- Couples therapy can help if you are feeling disconnected from your partner, feel misunderstood in your relationship, are struggling with communication, are navigating the aftermath of a betrayal or infidelity, or feel like you and your partner are no longer on the same page or want the same things out of life anymore. Common causes of relationship conflicts relate to money, parenting, sex or intimacy issues, different communication styles, and an imbalance of roles and power in the relationship.
- Relational struggles are common and normal, and having a safe space to work through these challenges, conflicts, and difficulties can be incredibly helpful. Couples therapy can help you learn the tools and techniques to help you and your partner better understand each other and strengthen your communication. It can also help improve your sexual intimacy, view problems through a new and adaptive perspective, and bring fun and joy back into your relationship.
- When working with couples, I utilize Imago Relationship Therapy, Intimacy from the Inside Out Therapy (Parts Work), and Emotionally Focused Therapy. You and your partner are worthy of having your experiences equally validated and understood.
- A 50-minute couples therapy session is $120.
Are you looking for a different type of consultation?
Send me a message at email@example.com describing your situation.
I’ll see if I can make an exception or recommend someone as a better match.